At this time of year, the effects of cold weather on your home (or business) are a major concern.
One of the most significant possible effects? Frozen pipes.
Frozen pipe losses are twice as costly as other types of plumbing system supply losses, accounting for nearly 20% of all such claims.
The good news is that there are some easy ways to help prevent this issue.
Check out the helpful infographic below, which outlines these five simple steps to prepare your home or building for cold weather:
1. Use caulk to seal cracks and holes in outside walls and foundations
2. Keep a trickle of water running from faucets that connect to pipes in unheated spaces
3. Wrap exposed pipes with foam rubber sleeves or other insulating materials
4. Open cabinet doors during cold spells so that warm air can circulate around pipes
5. Know where your main shut-off valve is
Contact Saginaw Bay Underwriters today to begin exploring other ways we can help you protect your home or business.